7 common weight loss myths debunked

Healthy weight loss is a gradual process that can be achieved through regular exercise, a balanced diet and good sleep. Here are seven common weight loss myths

Fact: Skipping meals increases hunger pangs and ghrelin, a hunger hormone, in the stomach, which leads to increased eating and weight gain. Instead, have small, frequent meals.

Myth 1: Skipping meals will help you lose weight

Fact: Experts emphasize the importance of moderate hydration, recommending 2.5-3 liters daily and caution against excessive water intake.

Myth 2: Drinking water will help you lose weight

Myth 3: Exercise or diet, either of this is enough

Fact: To lose weight, any exercise or cardio will work 20 percent, and the other 80 percent is based on your diet. Therefore, both should be followed parallelly.

Myth 4:  Eating salads every day can help in weight loss

Fact: A balanced diet, including proteins and healthy fats like eggs, dairy or lean meat, is recommended for weight loss, as salads may not provide necessary nutrients.

Myth 5: All fats lead to weight gain

Fact: Incorporating healthy fats like avocados, nuts, and olive oil helps manage weight and reduces inflammation.

Myth 6: Carbs should be completely avoided

Fact: It is recommended to consume carbohydrates in moderation. One can opt for complex carbohydrates like oats, quinoa, and brown rice over refined ones.

Myth 7: Calorie restriction helps you lose weight faster

A low-calorie diet may lead to nutritional deficiencies and rapid weight gain. Opting for a balanced diet is advisable for a healthy weight loss.

What’s the difference between heart attack and cardiac arrest?